- Olive oil
- Bleu cheese
- Bread crumbs
- Preheat oven to 325*.
- Remove steaks from fridge a little while before cooking. This ensures even cooking.
- Add 1/2 cup bread crumbs to a bowl with a bit of parsley, rosemary and thyme. Add bleu cheese and mix together with fork. I try to break up the really large pieces of bleu cheese while doing this.
- Coat steaks in olive oil then salt generously (the salt helps with the browning).
- Add oil to pan, bring to temp over medium-high heat.
- Sear steaks on both sides.
- Place a pad of butter on each steak and insert into the oven for a few minutes (usually about 10* prior to your ideal finish temp about 125* for med-rare). In this specific case, I sautéed some minced garlic in a pan with butter and poured that over each steak.
- Turn oven to broil.
- Cover steaks in bread crumb/bleu cheese mixture, packing it on well.
- Insert steaks into the oven under the broiler. Keep an eye on the steaks and remove when the bleu cheese crust has turned nice and brown.
- Let the meat rest on a board for about 5 minutes.